With the advancement in construction technology, various options of hydraulic rock breakers are available for use in the construction industry. It is now easy to get a rock breaker that matches every construction work. The advancement in the making of the models has made construction easy, lowered the overall costs, and increased efficiency. What are some of the uses of hydraulic rock breakers that are for sale in the market?
Mining and Demolition
These kind of equipment are more efficient for mining compared to blasting. They can reduce the size of large boulders and rocks to manageable sizes. These rock breakers could be of use when demolishing buildings and establishments. Concrete structures could be brought down more efficiently.
The following are some of the things you should do when selecting a rock breaker:
Get the appropriate size
The right size is determined by considering the size of the rocks it will work on, the available working space, and the hardness of the rocks. If the rocks to be operated on are too soft, the breaker will be damaged. If the breaker is too small, it will wear fast and reduce productivity. If it too big, it will be challenging to fit in the crusher throat.
Availability of spare parts
Over time, some of the parts of the breaker will be damaged and may need repair. Any company should lool Getting standard models that are manufactured frequently gives you confidence that your supplier will always have the spare parts in stock.
Maintaining the hydraulic breaker
After you get the appropriate breaker, it is essential to keep it properly, to increase its lifespan, and maintain productivity. Some of the maintenance practices include:
- Before the operator starts to use it, they should ensure that it is in good working condition. He should check the attachment pins, ball valves, hoses, nuts, and bolts are in good condition.
- The breakers should be checked annually by a professional to ensure it is in good working condition.
- They should be cooled efficiently to prevent heat-related problems.
- The bolts and nuts should be checked for tightness frequently.
- Before using the breaker, the operator should check for leakage in the connectors, hoses, and ball valves.
- Always check the nitrogen pressure. The pressure of the nitrogen required to break concrete is different from the one needed to break rocks.
- The breaker requires regular greasing for the lubrication of the brushing area. Greasing can be done using an automatic greasing system or manually.
- Whenever there is a need for repair, always get an experienced repairer to do it for you.
- Large cracks or excessive wear should be repaired immediately.
- Still, the loader or excavator carrying the breaker should be properly maintained, as a faulty one may damage the breaker.
After getting the right rock breaker, it is crucial to maintain it properly to avoid damage; also, the operator should be trained to use it properly to prevent stressing the machine. An experienced dealer will advise on the best type of rock breaker you need after considering all the necessary factors. Getting the appropriate tools ensures maximum returns on your investment.